A clear set of audit and monitoring procedures are implemented at TAG-UCB to ensure that quality assurance criteria are fully met. TAG-UCB has a number of active committees responsible for the decision-making process and future development of its programs and success. Running and managing activities will be the responsibility of the following committees:
• TAG-UCB Advisory Board: The Advisory Board is responsible for reviewing and approving reports and plans prepared by the University College of Business officers on the work, activities, programs and plans for the future.
• TAG-UCB Curriculum Committee: The Curriculum Committee is responsible for implementing the curriculum and making sure that the courses being taught match the intended learning outcomes. This Committee also monitors and approves justified modifications on course contents and curriculum. The committee members are experienced faculty members headed by the President and Senior Advisor.
• TAG-UCB Quality Assurance and Accreditation Committee: The Quality Assurance and Accreditation Committee is responsible for organizing, researching and drafting accreditation requirements for the University as per local and international requirements of accreditation. Members include technical partners from Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Graduate School of Business, Amman-Jordan.
• TAG-UCB Admission Committee: The Admission Committee is responsible for reviewing all applications, interviewing the students who meet the admission criteria and advising them with respect to their selected programs.
A code of practice is in place for implementation with regard to program design, approval, monitoring and review. The enforcement of this code ensures the continual validity of the academic service offered by TAG-UCB and alignment with the academic and overall strategy and market changing requisites. Moreover, the monitoring and reviewing of Quality Assurance feeds into the general auditing process, and consideration is taken of both the continuous routine activities and the periodical reviews.
The Qulaity audit and monitoring unit oversees quality through formal evaluations conducted by students and instructors. TAG-UCB applies different levels of regular evaluations to its programs. On the internal level, the TAG-UCB Faculty Council meets regularly to discuss academic and administrative issues regarding various programs' management. Decisions will be taken to deal with any issues raised by students or academic/administrative staff. Other tasks include reviewing and monitoring programs in compliance with up-to-date educational quality criteria to ensure their valid delivery.
The curriculum committee ensures that clear course portfolios are prepared, where reviews are carried out periodically to investigate the need for enhancement of the curriculum. Evaluations each semester are made for the courses provided by major educational institutions, the academic body and the students.
TAG-UCB various committees and senior management meet regularly with students to tackle any obstacles they face and to consider their suggestions for academic improvements.
TAG-UCB will produce an annual report on key performance indicators to evaluate its services and the quality of its courses. These indicators include, but are not limited, to:
- Admission and graduate data.
- Attrition/retention rates.
- Research records.
- Employment of alumni.
- Student/staff ratio.
- Staff workload.
- Student relevance.
- Grading distribution by electives, gender etc.
- Library, ICT services, classrooms capacity and other learning resources.